All fighters made weight without problems at the weigh-ins for The Ultimate Fighter 8… except for Wilson Gouveia. Wilson came in at a surprising 189 and will now have to forfeit 20% of his purse to his opponent, Jason “The Athlete” MacDonald.
Seems that Gouveia needed more time on the treadmill before tipping the scales, hunh? The athletic commission would not let the middleweight fighter drop the poundage due to safety concerns.
6th-Round.com will be posting LIVE TUF 8 fight results this evening at approximately 7:30 p.m. ET starting with the under card bouts, and 9 p.m. ET when the main televised card gets underway. Stay tuned!
- Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (155)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Vinicius Magalhaes (205)
- Kevin Burns (171) vs. Anthony Johnson (171)
- Wilson Gouveia (189)* vs. Jason MacDonald (184)
- Junie Browning (156) vs. Dave Kaplan (156)
- Shane Primm (202) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)
- Jules Bruchez (205) vs. Eliot Marshall (203)
- Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Tom Lawlor (204)
- Shane Nelson (156) vs. George Roop (153)
- John Polakowski (152) vs. Roli Delgado (155)