Gray D. here with my predictions/picks for The Ultimate Fighter season 8 Finale. I went 7-3 in my last picks for Fight Night 16, so let’s see if I can keep a winning record, eh?
Update: PICK OUTCOMES: 5-5
This season of TUF has been one of the best yet, with some guys with serious “contender” potential rising to the top of the 16 lightweights and light-heavyweights. Look for registered nurse and proud Filipino Phillipe Nover to put on a great performance against a very game opponent in Mexican-American college student Efrain Escudero.
Also in the light-heavyweight final, Ryan Bader will have to use the full extent of his wrestling prowess against world-ranked Brazilian Jiu Jitsu champ Vinicius Magalhaes.
Without further ado, here are my picks. Agree or disagree, please share your thoughts by commenting.
6th-Round.com will be posting LIVE TUF 8 fight results this evening at approximately 7:30 p.m. ET starting with the under card bouts, and 9 p.m. ET when the main televised card gets underway. Stay tuned!
Gray D. is 122-78 in his overall picks here at 6th-Round.com and pens this column before every major MMA event. Outside of writing, he is a fitness/nutrition enthusiast and runs the site’s Twitter account @6thRound.
TUF 8 FINALE predictions:
- Efrain Escudero (156) vs. Phillipe Nover (155)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Vinicius Magalhaes (205)
- Kevin Burns (171) vs. Anthony Johnson (171)
- Wilson Gouveia (189)* vs. Jason MacDonald (184)
- Junie Browning (156) vs. Dave Kaplan (156)
- Shane Primm (202) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)
- Jules Bruchez (205) vs. Eliot Marshall (203)
- Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Tom Lawlor (204)
- Shane Nelson (156) vs. George Roop (153)
- John Polakowski (152) vs. Roli Delgado (155)